Hamilton Paige Limited Privacy Notice
The purpose of this document
- Hamilton Paige LTD (trading as “Hamilton Paige“) is committed to protecting the privacy and security of your personal information.
- This privacy notice describes how we collect and use personal information about you during and after your working relationship with us, in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
- It applies to prospects, potential clients, subscribers, customers, referral partners, members, suppliers, contractors
Hamilton Paige is a “data controller”. This means that we are responsible for deciding how we hold and use personal information about you. We are required under data protection legislation to notify you of the information contained in this privacy notice.
This notice applies to prospects, potential clients, subscribers, customers, referral partners, members, suppliers, contractors. This notice does not form part of any contract of employment or other contract to provide services. We may update this notice at any time.
It is important that you read this notice, together with any other privacy notice we may provide on specific occasions when we are collecting or processing personal information about you, so that you are aware of how and why we are using such information.
Data protection principles
1. Used lawfully, fairly and in a transparent way.
2. Collected only for valid purposes that we have clearly explained to you and not used in any way that is incompatible with those purposes.
3. Relevant to the purposes we have told you about and limited only to those purposes.
4. Accurate and kept up to date.
5. Kept only as long as necessary for the purposes we have told you about.
6. Kept securely.
How is your personal information collected?
2. Hamilton Paige representatives sometimes attend court hearings with clients who are facing possession hearings regarding their property. We take note of the court hearings on the court daily list of mortgage lenders or other money lenders who are making claims against defendants. This is so we can write to any other defendants who are facing possession proceedings relating to their property. We use a combination of data retrieved from a tracing company, the HM Land Registry e-services portal and the Companies House website to find the correspondence address and/or property address of these defendants.
How we use your personal data
1. Where we need to perform the contract we have entered into with you.
2. Where we need to comply with a legal obligation.
3. Where it is necessary for our legitimate interests (or those of a third party) and your interests and fundamental rights do not override those interests.
We may also use your personal information in the following situations, which are likely to be rare:
1. Where we need to protect your interests (or someone else’s interests).
2. Where it is needed in the public interest or for official purposes.
Hamilton Paige Limited uses the information collected from you and from other third parties to correspond with you and where applicable, to perform the contract we have entered into with you to provide you with the benefits of being a Hamilton Paige client or customer. Hamilton Paige also acts on behalf of its clients and customers in the capacity of data processor. When working exclusively as a data processor, Hamilton Paige will be acting on the instruction of its client and will work hard to ensure that the client is fully GDPR compliant.
If you fail to provide personal information
Change of purpose
Please note that we may process your personal information without your knowledge or consent, in compliance with the above rules, where this is required or permitted by law.
Some personal data may be collected about you from the forms and surveys you complete, from records of our correspondence and phone calls and details of your visits to our website, including but not limited to personally identifying information like Internet Protocol (IP) addresses. Hamilton Paige Limited may also collect statistics about the behaviour of visitors to its website.
Any information Hamilton Paige holds about you and your business encompasses all the details we hold about you and any transactions including any third-party information we have obtained about you from public sources and our own suppliers such as credit processing agencies, or references provided by you in the course of your application.
Hamilton Paige will only collect the information needed so that it can provide you with training, consulting & coaching, generation and passing and receiving of referrals, keeping up to date with industry and our companies news, products and services.
Legal basis for processing any personal data
1. Meet Hamilton Paige’s contractual obligations where applicable to its prospective clients and customers, subscribers, referral partners, members and/or suppliers.
2. Legitimate interests pursued by Hamilton Paige and/or its prospective clients or customers.
3. To promote the services offered by Hamilton Paige and/or to market the services and/or products offered by Hamilton Paige to existing and/or new clients.
Through agreeing to this privacy notice you are consenting to Hamilton Paige your personal data for the purposes outlined. You can withdraw consent at any time by emailing email@example.com or writing to us at Hamilton Paige, 483 Green Lanes, London, N13 4BS.
Hamilton Paige may on occasions pass your Personal Information to third parties exclusively to process work on its behalf. Hamilton Paige requires these third parties to agree to process this information based on our instructions and requirements consistent with this Privacy Notice and GDPR.
We require third parties to respect the security of your data and to treat it in accordance with the law.
Why might you share my personal information with third parties?
Which third-party service providers process my personal information?
“Third parties” includes third-party service providers (including contractors and designated agents) and other entities within our group. The following activities are carried out by third-party service providers: IT services, such as Hamilton Paige extended payment plans, and payment processing providers, market research, product fulfilment and data analytics. The activities for which we use third-party service providers may change from time to time in order for us to meet the needs of the business.
How secure is my information with third-party service providers and other entities in our group?
What about other third parties?
Data is held in the EEA using different (multiple) servers. Hamilton Paige does not store personal data outside the EEA.
Rights of access, correction, erasure, and restriction
Your duty to inform us of changes
If you become a client of Hamilton Paige, it is important that the personal information we hold about you is accurate and current. Please keep us informed if your personal information changes during your working relationship with us.
Your rights in connection with personal information
Under certain circumstances, by law you have the right to:
• Request access to your personal information (commonly known as a “data subject access request”). This enables you to receive a copy of the personal information we hold about you and to check that we are lawfully processing it.
• Request correction of the personal information that we hold about you. This enables you to have any incomplete or inaccurate information we hold about you corrected.
• Request erasure of your personal information. This enables you to ask us to delete or remove personal information where there is no good reason for us continuing to process it. You also have the right to ask us to delete or remove your personal information where you have exercised your right to object to processing (see below).
• Object to processing of your personal information where we are relying on a legitimate interest (or those of a third party) and there is something about your particular situation which makes you want to object to processing on this ground. You also have the right to object where we are processing your personal information for direct marketing purposes.
• Request the restriction of processing of your personal information. This enables you to ask us to suspend the processing of personal information about you, for example if you want us to establish its accuracy or the reason for processing it.
• Request the transfer of your personal information to another party.
If you want to review, verify, correct or request erasure of your personal information, object to the processing of your personal data, or request that we transfer a copy of your personal information to another party, please write to Thor Portess at Hamilton Paige LTD, 483 Green Lanes, London, N13 4BS.
No fee usually required
What we may need from you
Right to withdraw consent
Changes to this privacy notice
Data Protection Officer:
Hamilton Paige LTD, 483 Green Lanes, London, N13 4BS
Data Protection Regulator:
Information Commissioner’s Office
Telephone 0303 123 1113 or complete a form at: https://ico.org.uk/concerns/handling